- Beet - about 3 kg of (6.6 lbs)
- Horseradish - small jar of
- Vinegar - 1.5 dl of (5.1 oz)
- Sugar - 150 g of (0.3 lbs)
- Salt - 1 tsp
- Cumin - 1 tsp ground
- Bay Leaf - 1 crushed
- Preservative - a pinch of per jar
Wash the beets, place in a pan of water, enough to cover the beets. Cook until soft.
Cool, peel and slice as desired, or grate.
In a pot, boil 1 liter of water, pour in the vinegar, salt, sugar, cumin, bay leaf.
Place beets in canning jar with 1-2 small slices of horseradish per bottle.
Then sprinkle preservative and pour the boiling vinegar juice over the beets.
Ensure the bottles are tightly sealed and then leave to cool.
Also known as: Pickled Beetroot, Beetroot With Horseradish